Anyone who experiences “senior moment” every now and then will want a supplement for brain health. Why so?
So, you are about to go to your kitchen to open a drawer to get something. But then someone called you on the phone so you got sidetracked. After the said phone call, you went to the kitchen to get back to what you were doing. But when you opened your drawer, you forgot what it is that you needed.
Or have you ever experienced a time when you humiliated yourself when you were busy talking to a colleague you want to impress? You were so intent on making a good impression, but then you forgot a word for something. You even forgot what his name was.
I have experienced all those and more, and let me tell you that it is just so embarrassing.
This is what we call memory lapse and it can happen at any age. Aging is not the only cause of mental decline. There’s also brain injury, neurological diseases and other disorders.
Some age-related memory loss is inescapable as we age. It is common. The good thing is that there are studies that report you can prevent this decline from happening and keep your brain sharp. First, there are good habits that can maintain your brain health. Second, supplement for brain health exists – Brain Actives for instance.
This Brain Actives review will discuss what it is, its ingredients, the importance of brain vitamins, and more. Let’s dig in.
Importance of Brain Vitamins
We all know that it is difficult to get all the needed vitamins for your brain to do well. You will have to eat anything that is packed with vitamins and minerals. But what if you are a picky eater? How will you help your brain?
There are also other factors that affect the brain health. Alcohol, caffeine, medicine, stress, sugar, tobacco, unhealthy lifestyle, and more can cause problems. As a consequence, you will need vitamins or supplement more than ever to maintain your brain’s condition.
Along with exercise and balanced diet, you can take vitamins to protect your brain from memory lapses. Evidence from studies have shown that consuming the right supplement for brain health can enhance how your brain functions and even slow cognitive decline.
Many of those supplements can help enhance memory, focus, creative thinking, attention, and general functioning. They can also battle toxins and stress. Having said so, taking supplements is key to having a healthy brain.
What Is Brain Actives?
Brain Actives is a food supplement for brain health that claims to help you improve focus so you can maximize your brain’s performance. In addition to that, it allows your body to exert its optimal effort so you can excel in tasks that require extreme labor and lots of energy.
So what can I expect from using this supplement for brain health?
- Better focus so you can concentrate on the task at hand, even for a long time
- Prevent fatigue so you can endure the extra challenges
- Stay awake and alert
- Exhibit grace even under fire so you are still composed and functioning under stressful situations
- More energy so you can do more and be more
- Enhanced memory so you can learn faster
Who Is Brain Actives For?
Anyone with physically and mentally taxing jobs can greatly benefit from Brain Actives. Examples include students, police, military personnel, computer programmers, gamers, athletes, competitive individuals, and more. In other words, anyone with challenging workload can take this supplement.
What’s in This Supplement for Brain Health?
This Brain Actives review will not be complete if we don’t discuss its ingredients. What makes this supplement for brain health effective? Here they are:
- TeaCrine® – or Theacrine is a natural chemical that can be found in tea, coffee, and plants such as Herrania, Theocrama, and Camellia assamica. This is often consumed to relieve colds, fatigue, and improved mental health. This is even added to workout supplements to boost athletic performance. Studies report that it can lessen fatigue and support brain functioning better when combined with caffeine (minus the caffeine crash).
- Bacopin® – or Bacopa Monnieri Herb Extract is often used to enhance memory, relieve anxiety, and recommended for those with Alzheimer’s disease and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder or ADHD. This ingredient is said to intensify concentration and brain function, and better absorption of knowledge.
- KSM-66® – or Ashwagandha Root Extract has many benefits and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for ages. It is commonly used for anxiety, ADHD, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, and insomnia; it’s a tonic for stress, it improves thinking capabilities, and brings a slew of other medicinal benefits.
- Centellin® – Gotu Kola Leaf Extract is a known natural nootropic or elements that improve cognitive function. This ingredient can extend your attention span, rejuvenate brain and nervous system, and better long term memory.
- Natural caffeine anhydrous – comes from seeds and leaves of coffee plants. This helps you stay alert and awake, and promotes better exercise performance. It also lessens tiredness.
- B-vitamin complex – can improve the production of chemicals that send messages between the body and the brain. It can also prevent dementia, and lessen sluggishness.
- Aquamin™ MG – or magnesium improves signal relaying between body and brain, manages depression and memory loss, and improves memory.
The way I look at it, Brain Actives seems like it is a promising supplement for brain health. Apart from its potent mix of effective ingredients, you can say that it works because of the testimonials from people who take it.
All you need to do is to take 2 capsules with 300ml of water 30 minutes prior to your meal.
However, you need to take caution though. This supplement is not for children, pregnant, and breastfeeding mothers. Those with cardiovascular disease or sensitive to caffeine should also refrain from taking this.
As always, we urge you to consult your doctor prior to taking anything as you might be allergic to some ingredients, or it might conflict with your existing medication. If your physician gives you a go signal, please only take the recommended dose.
Apart from taking Brain Actives as a supplement for brain health, you can also do the following to take care of your brain:
- Never stop learning – according to experts, people who still study and learn new things every day are keeping their brain mentally active. For this reason, their memory is stronger. Challenge your brain with mental exercises, play chess, pursue a hobby, master new skills, learn another language or work on something new to maintain your brain cells.
- Don’t believe in stereotypes – we always associate forgetfulness and failing memory with old age. Believing in those stereotypes counters our fight against memory lapses so it is best to claim that you are in control. Those who accept having “senior moments” most likely experience cognitive decline because they no longer strive to improve their memory skills.
- Use tools – save brain space to learn new and important things by taking advantage of tools and technology that we have today. For instance, you can rely on planners, calendars, lists, maps, files, and more to store data that you need to access from time to time. In addition to that, assign a specific location at home for your valuables that you often use such as keys, glasses, purse, etc.
- Repetition is the key – if you really want to remember something, repeat it out loud. If writing works better for you, write that data over and over. This way, your brain will automatically make the connection. So, if you want to remember a name if someone that was just introduced to you, use that name when you talk to him or her. For instance, “So, Dana, what have you been up to?”
- However, we advise that you don’t overdo it or all your efforts will be wasted. Space out the repetitions. For example, repeat data once in an hour, and then every few hours, and so on.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle – the best way to battle cognitive decline is through exercise and healthy meals, along with brain exercises. Consume plant-based foods, fruits and veggies, fish, protein-rich food, and lots of olive oil in your meals. You can try reducing red meat, too. Not only that, you also need to engage with your community. Talk to other people as this can delay dementia. Getting the right amount of quality sleep helps protect the brain as well.
If you do some of the above and take Brain Actives, you should be able to keep your brain in tip-top shape.
Please let us know if you experience any memory lapses and how you deal with them? How do you keep your brain in optimal health?