Stretch marks and cellulite are two problems that affect a lot of women. Some women confuse stretch marks with cellulite and think that they are similar and have the same causes. They are both not a dangerous skin problem, but they are different.
It is good to know what stretch marks are and what their causes are. You will find on this page everything you need to know about stretch marks and also how to get rid of stretch marks using some home products. But if you don’t have time to read and prepare any home solutions, and you just want to get rid of them as soon as possible, then read about Dermology Stretch Mark Cream which both prevents and reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
What Are Stretch Marks?
In order to understand how to get rid of stretch marks, it’s important to first understand what they are and their causes. Stretch marks can be defined as visible lines which appear on the skin’s surface. Stretch marks assume an off-color hue that is very unattractive to look at. As the name suggests, stretch marks occur when the skin’s middle layer is overstretched. The marks occur mainly in the abdominal wall, although they are common in many other areas i.e. upper arms, thighs, buttocks and breasts. Although stretch marks usually affect a small area of the body, they may also occur over large areas.
Main Causes of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks form in the middle layer of the skin (dermis) when the skin’s connective tissue is overstretched beyond its flexibility capacity as a result of rapid expansion/contraction. One of the most common causes of stretch marks in women is pregnancy. Other causes of stretch marks across all genders include; sudden weight loss or gain, rapid growth, stress, hereditary factors as well as changes in physical conditions. I have never been overweight, but I used to struggle with stretch marks after my first pregnancy and I got rid of them with Dermology cream.
Stretch Marks and Cellulite
Like cellulite, stretch marks aren’t regarded as a health hazard. They, however compromise skin beauty which is why people want to get rid of them. Both cellulite and stretch marks result in unattractive looking skin. The two skin problems also share causes, i.e. sudden weight gain/loss and hereditary factors. The two can also become health hazards indirectly when they cause physiological problems such as low self-esteem and severe stress. It is however possible to get rid of stretch marks and cellulite. Our focus here will be on stretch marks. If you want to get rid of cellulite Click Here.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Since stretch marks are caused when the skin’s dermis is overstretched (which weakens collagen production, resulting in fine scars under the skin’s top layer), most effective stretch mark remedies focus on strengthening collagen production as well as fading the appearance of stretch marks. With that said, let’s get right into it and discuss top natural remedies.
Home Stretch Marks Remedies
- Olive Oil: Applying olive oil will help you prevent as well as get rid of stretch marks because olive oil is rich in Vitamin E which is known to restore skin tissue. The oil also softens the skin, making it more elastic which in turn reduces occurrence of stretch marks.
- Lemon Juice: The natural acids found in lemon juice have been tested and proven to help fade as well as bleach stretch marks. You just need to rub some freshly squeezed lemon juice on the affected areas for a few minutes every day, let it dry for approximately 10 minutes and rinse it off to get rid of stretch marks.
- Potato Juice: Potato juice is also effective in getting rid of stretch marks naturally because the juice is rich in vitamins and minerals that promote growth and restoration of damaged skin cells. You just need to slice a fresh potato and rub the juice on the affected areas for a few minutes, let it dry for approximately 10 minutes and rinse.
- Cocoa or Shea Butter: Massaging cocoa or Shea butter on the areas of your skin with stretch marks a few minutes a day will also help to reduce and eventually eliminate stretch marks. Cocoa or Shea butter is also great for preventing stretch marks caused by pregnancy.
- Aloe Vera: This is another effective stretch mark remedy. Aloe Vera has great natural skin healing and soothing properties that help in getting rid of stretch marks. Aloe Vera can be applied or consumed as a supplement.
Stretch Marks Creams
There are many stretch marks cream available on Amazon.com and in other places. As I mentioned earlier, I had great results with Dermology Stretch Mark Cream. Another great product that my friend used with a great success, is Revitol Stretch Mark Cream, which helped her reduce the appearance of stretch marks in two weeks. I haven’t tested any others stretch mark creams. If you have, please leave a comment below and tell us how it worked.
Stretch Marks Prevention
The above information summarizes everything you need to know about stretch marks, from what they are, to their causes, and how to get rid of them. Although there may be other ways of getting rid of stretch marks, the above ways are adequate enough to give you exemplary results. Try them out! But if you’re looking for a practical stretch marks solution, that can be bought on the internet, visit Dermology Stretch Mark Cream.