To get free from acne, you need to find the best acne treatment product. I have found and reviewed here the best products for acne in 2020 to help you find the best and most suitable acne product.
What are the best products for acne? The products that work very well, as well as the products that are made from natural ingredients preferably. You don’t want to get any bad side effects from some chemicals while fighting acne, that might endanger the health of your skin.
Some products for acne contain some chemicals, and people find them helpful because they want to get rid of acne fast. But if you have sensitive skin, you should especially avoid them. Some products below are not actually typical skin care products, so you might find them very helpful.
I had been struggling with acne before, and I have tested products for skin care and acne. I have also asked my friends and did lots of research for this article, so I came up with the 15 best skin care products for acne.
How to Buy the Skin Care Products for Acne
Before you read about the products, you should learn first how and where to buy the skin care products.
All the products I have reviewed here, are available online, so they are not only easy to buy, but they also come with money back guarantee. This is very important, because there are many causes of acne, and many kinds of acne. People also have different kinds of skin, so the product that might be the best for me, might not be the best for you. So, if the product you buy does not work well for you, you should be able to return the product (in case of some, at least not opened ones).
As I mentioned before, you should always check the ingredients of the product you are planning to buy, because you should avoid buying the products that contain lots of chemicals. Try to go for the products that are made only from natural ingredients, or at least with the majority of natural ingredients.
Before you buy the product, read carefully the info on the website about the product, to make sure that it is suitable for your type of skin. There are some excellent skin care products for acne, which are not suitable for sensitive skin. If you have the sensitive skin, then you should avoid such products, even they are very good and work well for people with other types of skin.
Let’s look at the best products for acne, and you can see which one should be good for you, but if you want to know more about acne and acne type first, you can watch the video below.
16 Best Skin Care Products for Acne in 2018
1. Revitol Acnezine
Acnezine from the well-reputable online Revitol Company, is one of the most popular of Revitol’s products. There are also many reviews of Revitol Acnezine online, but the Company is still not reputable very well, because they don’t sell offline. That’s a pity, because all Revitol’s products are made from natural ingredients and they are quite a breakthrough in the skin care beauty industry.
Acnezine is not different, because it is not just a cream or a supplement, but it’s a complete acne treatment system that works for both teenage and adult acne outbreaks. The treatment will help you whether you suffer from spots, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, redness or pus.
The Revitol Acnezine Treatment is composed of three products that work together in three steps:
1. The Acnezine Cleanser cleans your skin thoroughly before you apply the Acnezine Cream.
2. The thin layer of Acnezine Cream that cures the skin from acne inside and outside must be applied three times a day.
3. The Acnezine Supplement must be taken orally.
By using all the three products described above together, your skin should become acne free after four weeks. It’s a complete treatment that involves the body and skin detox. Because of that in the beginning, you might see even more acne outbreaks, because of the detoxification.
After four weeks you should be acne free, but some people will require longer treatment.
How Does Revitol Acnezine Work?
Acnezine works in a unique way, quite differently from other acne products. It does not kill the bacteria, but thanks to herbal ingredients and antioxidants, it destroys harmful toxins and poisons in your body. This allows your liver to deal with the oil that is stimulated by your body’s hormones.
When you have fewer toxins, poisons, oil secretions and bacteria, then your skin becomes naturally free from pimples.
The Main Pros of Acnezine:
- Treats acne both internally and externally.
- Eliminates the root causes of acne breakouts.
- There are no negative side effects caused by chemicals.
The Cons of Acnezine
The main con is that the product can be ordered online only. It is not available in any retail stores.
It can take three weeks to see the positive effects of Acnezine, and at least four weeks to get rid of acne.
The Main Acnezine Ingredients:
- Vitamin E Acetate
- Vitamin C Ester
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Ubidecarenone Co-Enzyme Q10
- Aloe Vera
- Bioperine Extract
- Benozyl Peroxide
The Ingredients in the Acnezine Supplements:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Aloe Vera Powder
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Bioperine Standardized Extract
- Cucumin C3 Complex
- Hylauronic Acid
- Vegetable Capsule
The Acnezine can be purchased online in 3 different packages:
1. The Bestselling Package: 3 bottles + 2 free bottles – total cost: $119.85 ($23.97 per bottle) + Free Shipping.
2. Tier 2 Packages: 2 bottles + 1 free bottle – total cost: $79.90 ($26.63 per bottle) + Free Shipping.
3. Sampler Package: 1 bottle – $48 + Shipping & Handling.
Other Important Info About Revitol Acnezine
The Acnezine is covered by Money Back guarantee which is valid for 90 days. You can return any unopened and unused Revitol’s product within 90 days without giving any reasons. Free shipping is available only in the United States.
Sometimes Revitol Acnezine also offers exclusive trials.
Acnezine is a complete product and all-in-one solution for acne.
Derminax is considered by many people, the best natural acne solution for teenagers and adults. Derminax is a completely different acne solution that the ones offered by the producers of creams, lotions and gels.
Derminax attacks the cause of acne, and because the cause of acne is not on the skin, they do not produce any creams, but the pills that deal with the root cause of acne problem. The people who invented Derminax claim that the creams and gels can’t bring the lasting solution to acne, because they only mask the side effects.
The cause of acne is sebum producing sebaceous glands, which are in skin pores. Sebum is a natural skin moisturizer, but unfortunately, when the sebaceous glands produce too much sebum, then the skin pores become clogged with too much skin deposits, which in turn leads to too many bacteria grow. Too many bacteria grow on the skin leads to inflammation, which leads to blackheads, spots, lumps and other blemishes.
The creams and gels attack the bacteria growth on the skin, but the sebaceous glands continue producing too much sebum, so the acne comes back, and the acne symptoms are only slightly reduced in this way.
So, the problem must be solved from inside by Derminax diet supplement.
How Does Derminax Supplement Work?
The Derminax work in three ways:
1. It removes the bacteria, dead skin deposits and toxin from the skin pores, which unblocks the pores, so the sebum is being stopped from being deposited there.
2. It helps you regulate your hormones, which will stop the excessive production of sebum. Thanks to that, your skin becomes less oily.
3. The skin becomes free from scars and blemishes and looks smooth and healthy, because the cause of acne is removed completely. The acne is gone for good.
Because Derminax attacks the root cause of acne, you must wait 2 – 4 weeks to see the positive results. After 2 -4 weeks your skin becomes smoother and healthier. But to get completely rid of acne for good, most people must take 2 pills of Derminax every day for 3 months. After 3 months you will become not only free from acne, but also feel more confident because of the healthy look of your skin.
The Main Ingredients of Derminax:
- Horsetail extract
- Nettle extract
- B-group vitamins
There are no harmful chemicals in Derminax and it does not contain genetically modified organisms (GMO), conservatives or any synthetic dyes.
Derminax does not bring any harmful side effects, but only lasting positive and lasting effects.
The Pros of Derminax
- Derminax is covered by 90-day money back guarantee.
- It is very effective and brings lasting effects.
- No harmful side effects, which was confirmed by clinical tests.
- Made from natural ingredients.
- The studies confirmed that it works very well for both teenagers and adults, for all kinds of skin.
- It’s safe to take Derminax pills with other diet supplements and hormonal contraception.
- The product is delivered confidentially and discreetly.
The Cons of Derminax
It’s not a very fast acne solution. It’s a lasting solution, but you must be prepared that it might take at least 3 months to get rid of acne completely and for good.
Price of Derminax
At the moment of writing Derminax can be ordered in 3 different packages:
1. Permanent Result Package – 6 bottles, which will last for 6 months and cost $123.
2. Recommended Package – 3 bottles, which will last for 3 months and cost $82.
3. Starter Treatment Package – 1 bottle, which will last for 1 month and cost $41.
Which package is the best for you? If you don’t trust Derminax, then you should start with the Starter package. It’ll be enough for you to see the positive changes, and to order the bigger package after that.
If you’re already convinced that the Derminax works, you should go for a bigger package. Usually the Recommended Package is enough to become free from acne, but for some people with really bad acne, the Permanent Result Package might be necessary.
If you’re not looking for any creams, gels and lotions, but would rather buy some anti-acne pills, then Derminax is the best option.
3. Acne No More Program
Acne No More Program is a special program invented by Mike Walden. It’s not a cream, gel or supplement. Mike Walden will give you the information that will allow you to get rid of acne in 30 – 60 days without buying any commercial products. You can see the positive effects after only 7 days, and ultimately, you’ll get rid of all kinds of acne scars, marks, redness and oily skin.
Mike Walden is a certified nutrition specialist, health consultant and medical researcher. He used to be an acne sufferer too. He has been helping people from all over the world to get rid of acne for good for the last 14 years.
According to many happy clients of Mike Walden the Acne No More Program works very well. It is the most comprehensive holistic acne solution available on the internet. What’s more, I have learned from people who purchased the program, that Mike also offers special personal counseling and 24 hours support, that practically gives you no chance, but to get rid of acne for good.
His method is to apply the right combination of holistic protocols into daily routine, without taking any anti acne drugs or creams and it works for all kinds of acne and for all kinds of skin types.
The entire body needs to be treated from inside out. Mike Walden claims that he has been able to help so many acne sufferers because he discovered “the missing piece to acne puzzle”.
He claims that the best acne treatment is simply no acne treatment. It means that you should not use any drugs or creams to treat acne.
His 5 Keys to treating acne are:
1. Acne drugs make acne worse in the long run.
2. Anti-acne creams, gels and cleansers do not cure acne. They can only alleviate the acne symptoms.
3. There is a strong link between diet and acne, but diet alone can’t cure acne.
4. Acne is not just a problem with your skin, but a warning sign that there’s an imbalance in your body. Killing acne bacteria can’t cure acne, because there’s a bigger problem in your body.
5. The cause of acne is within and acne can only be cured from inside by following comprehensive, multi-dimensional and holistic program.
If you want to get to the bottom of your acne problem and you want to get rid of acne once and for all, without any creams or lotions, then the Acne No More Program is for you.
If you watch the whole video, you’ll learn a lot about acne causes and acne cure.
4. Neutrogena Complete Acne Therapy System
This is a product made in the United States by the famous Neutrogena Company. It is sold on Amazon.com and the product has many positive reviews there.
- 5.1-ounce bottle of salicylic acid acne treatment cleanser.
- 1.7-ounce bottle of SPF-15 lotion.
- 1.4-ounce bottle of benzoyl peroxide lotion.
The above products are sold only as a complete package, and they can’t be bought individually.
How Does Neutrogena System Work?
The ingredients like salicylic acid and microfine beads exfoliate pore clogging skin cells and a proprietary botanical complex calms the skin. The other ingredient, benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria and treats inflamed breakouts while helping to prevent future breakouts. All together the cleanser and two lotions continually control acne outbreaks.
The system must be used twice a day in the 3 following steps:
1. You must use the cleanser to clean and polish the skin first. The acne skin cleanser cleanses deeply and gently exfoliate pore-clogging skin cells.
2. Apply the Acne Control Lotion, which will kill the bacteria that causes acne, which will help reduce pimple size, redness and inflammation of your skin.
3. Apply oil-free SPF 15 lotion which will protect your skin from the sun and will give your skin healthy look.
The product works fast, and you should see some positive effects on your skin after only two days of using the Neutrogena System, but you must use the product consistently twice a day for a longer period to keep your skin clear from acne. You must use all three products together for the system to work.
Neutrogena Complete Acne Therapy System Ingredients
Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser: Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5%. Inactive: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Polyethylene, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium-11, Disodium Edta, Fragrance.
Oilfree Lotion With Spf15: Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 2.94%. Inactive: Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobytylparaben, Butylparaben, Disodium Edta, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance.
Overnight Acne Control Lotion: Active: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%. Inactive: Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Laureth-4, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium Edta.
The Pros of the Neutrogena Acne Therapy
- It’s a complete system so you don’t need to buy any acne products separately.
- Comes from the reputable Neutrogena Company.
- There are many happy people who purchased this product on Amazon.com.
- It works fast.
- It’s easy to apply.
- It does not smell bad.
The Cons of the Neutrogena Acne Therapy
- It does not work for everybody.
- Some people with sensitive skin complained that it stings.
- Some people complained of the greasy feeling with the new formula cleanser.
If you’re looking for a complete anti-acne therapy that you can buy on Amazon.com, then Neutrogena would be a good choice.
5. Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Prescription Strength Retinoid Acne Treatment
Differin is another very popular acne product available on Amazon, with many good reviews. It’s a gel that treats acne in deep skin pores, even before you can notice acne on the skin, so it prevents acne from forming. Because it doesn’t only clear acne, but it also prevents it, it must be used consistently.
You should not stop using the gel after your skin is clear from acne. You should continue using it to prevent the future acne outbreaks and to keep your skin clear from acne. It is also recommended using a moisturizer after applying the Differin gel, and to use sunscreen if you are going to be in the sun.
In the clinical studies, acne of 87% of people was reduced significantly after 12 weeks of using the Differin.
The gel is a water-based formula, oil-free, alcohol-free, fragrance-free, and it’s non-comedogenic. It targets two main causes of acne: clogged pores and inflammation.
It is an FDA-approved product recommended mainly for adults with mild and moderate acne, but it can be also used for occasional acne breakout treatment.
The Differin gel works the best together with other Differin products for acne: Differin Gentle Cleanser and Differin Soothing Moisturizer.
Differin Gel Ingredients
Active ingredient: Adapalene 0.1% (retinoid) Inactive ingredients: carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide. May contain hydrochloric acid to adjust pH.
The main ingredient is Adapalene, which is retinoid that has been commonly prescribed by American dermatologists for over 20 years.
How to Use Differin Gel
The gel should be used only once a day, either in the morning or in the evening. It should be applied on the whole face. For the best results, you should first wash your face with the earlier mentioned Differin Cleanser, then apply the Differin Gel, and after that apply the Differin moisturizer, to decrease skin dryness and to prevent any skin irritations.
It might take up to 4 weeks till your acne clears completely.
The Pros of Differin Acne Treatment
- It has worked for many people.
- FDA approved product.
The Cons of Differin Acne Treatment
- Some people experience side effects like skin dryness after using Differin gel, so you should also use their moisturizer.
- It makes some people very sensitive to sunlight, so you must be very careful to not get sunburned.
- Does not work as advertised for some people.
- The skin might look worse, before it starts looking better.
This would be a good product for you if you’re just looking for a gel, but you should also get the Differin moisturizer if your skin tends to get dry.
6. Dermology Acne Treatment
Dermology Acne Treatment is a product from Dermology, the main competitor of the earlier described Revitol. These two companies are skin care experts.
The Dermology acne solution treats both teenage and adult acne, mild and moderate facial and body acne. It both cures acne and prevents new outbreaks, treating acne from inside out. It removes spots, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, redness and pus. The product is suitable to all kinds of skin.
The product is made in the United States and formulated by Dermology expert biochemists and the solution is made from natural ingredients only. The healing process takes about a month.
The Main Pros of Dermology Acne Treatment
- No side effects of the healing
- Made from natural ingredients only
- Suitable for both men and women
- Can be used on the whole body
- Easy to apply
- 90-day return policy
- The product has many positive reviews online
- Made by a well-reputable and reputable company
- Works for many people
- Safe for people with sensitive skin
The Main Cons of Dermology
- It can be purchased online only.
- It usually takes some time to see the good results.
- The product does not work for everyone.
- Unlike Revitol, it’s only the cream, so you might need to buy a cleanser separately.
The Main Ingredients
The main ingredients of Dermology Acne Treatment are:
· Sandalwood, which lowers the chance of boils, blemishes and inflammation.
· Resveratrol, which is a great antioxidant.
· Vitamin E which prevents formation of acne and its recurrence.
· Pantothenic acid, which stops bacterial growth.
How Much Does Dermology Cost?
The treatment is sold in two packages:
· 6-month supply – buy 3 and get 3 free, which costs $149.95.
· 3-month supply – buy 2 and get 1 free, which costs $99.95.
If you live in a country that qualifies for a free trial, you might get 1 bottle for free. Click on the link below to find out.
7. Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment Body & Face Wash
First of all, you must know that the Humane Benzoyl Peroxide is not suitable for people with sensitive skin. So, if you have the sensitive skin, you can forget about buying this product right away. Otherwise, it’s a very good product, which is proved by very good customer reviews on Amazon, where there are at the moment of writing, over 1,700 reviews, and 71% of them gave this product 5 stars; 14% gave it 4 stars. It proves that many people have been happy with this product.
The Human Benzoyl Peroxide kills bacteria and prevents acne breakouts, and it works for people with moderate and severe acne. To see some positive results, you might need to wait even 6 weeks, so you must be patient with it.
Benzoyl Peroxide 10% (Acne Bactericide).
- Aqua (Deionized Water)
- Carbomer (GRAS Thickening Agent)
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut-Based Cleanser)
- Gluconolactone (PHA Antioxidant)
- Sodium Benzoate (GRAS Preservative)
- Sodium Hydroxide (GRAS pH Adjuster)
The producers really care about the quality of their products, so they don’t use any questionable substances like: Parabens, Phthalates, Sulfates, Paraffin, Formaldehyde, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Fragrance, Petrolatum, Synthetic Color, DEA, SLS, Triclosan, GMOs. They also don’t test on animals.
The Main Pros of Humane Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Acne Treatment Body & Face Wash:
- Absorbs quickly because it isn’t foaming lotion.
- Made in USA in an FDA compliant facility.
- Healthy and cruelty-free ingredients; not tested on animals.
- Kills acne causing bacteria directly in the skin pores, preventing the future outbreaks.
The Main Cons:
- Some side effects like additional acne might appear in the beginning.
- Redness, irritation, peeling and dry skin might happen too
- You must use an oil-free moisturizer after treatments to manage irritation
- Benzoyl peroxide bleaches fabrics, so you should use white/old towels & linens during treatment.
Good product, but you should be careful with it and watch out for some side effects. If you have sensitive skin, you should not use it.
8. Acnetame – Vitamin Supplements for Acne Treatment
This product is also very popular on Amazon.com. At the moment of writing it has over 2,000, mostly positive reviews, which makes it the supplement with the most verified reviews on Amazon. It is the anti-acne supplement sold in the 60 pills bottle.
This over the counter supplement is for people who need acne treatment and natural hormonal medication. It’s suitable for both women and men with pimples, oily skin, cystic acne spots and blemishes. Suitable for both teenagers and adults.
The product is not for curing acne scars, although it can slightly improve the scars appearance.
Acnetame Supplement Ingredients:
- Vitamin A, which is a natural medication for acne.
- Vitamin B5, which is a hormonal breakout acne treatment.
- Chromium, which maintains blood sugar levels.
- Biotin, which has a beneficial effect as an acne remedy for blemishes.
- Selenium, which has anti-inflammatory effect that benefits hormonal acne breakouts by reducing the appearance of inflamed acne lesions on the skin.
- Niacin, which helps circulation in our skin and helps the body absorb vital proteins necessary to fight off oily greasy skin.
- Coenzyme Q10, which heals skin more quickly after acne breakouts because of its effect on collagen production.
The product also contains sulfur.
The Main Pros of Acnetame
- The highest quality natural ingredients.
- A very popular product that has helped many people with acne.
- It has worked for many people.
The Main Cons:
- Dry skin is a common side effect of taking Acnetame.
- Dry eyes a very rare side effect of taking Acnetame.
- It might take about one month to see the positive results, but some people report the positive result just after two days of taking the pills.
- It does not work for everyone.
It could be a cheaper alternative to earlier described Derminax, although people report less side effects with Derminax.
9. TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment, Best Extra Strength Fast Acting Formula for Clearing Severe Acne from Face and Body
This is a special formula for severe acne, which clears cystic acne from face and body. It’s suitable for sensitive skin, for teenagers and adults, both women and men. This product has also many good reviews on Amazon.
How Does It Work?
- Bentonite Clay – draws out toxins, eliminates impurities, calms irritated skin, and the most important, it eliminates acne.
- Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil – reduces inflammation and swelling, and also fights infection.
- Witch Hazel – eliminates acne by reducing inflammation, clears away excess sebum, and balances the oil in your skin.
- Peppermint and Spearmint water – tames blemishes, kills bacteria within pores, balances oil production on the face, keeps pores clear and skin properly moisturized, reduces scarring and smooths complexion.
- Tea Tree Water and Essential Oil – antibacterial, anti fungal, moisturizing, toning and astringent. It helps eliminate severe acne and leaves skin looking beautiful and refreshed.
- Lemon essential oil – balances overactive sebaceous glands, helps clear acne, and encourages the exfoliation of dead skin cells.
- Aloe Vera – promotes new, healthy skin growth.
All the ingredients of TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment are natural ingredients like:
- Bentonite Clay
- Tea Tree Water
- Witch Hazel
- Peppermint Water
- Spearmint Water
- Spearmint Essential Oil
- Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Aloe Vera
TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment can be used alone, but many people also buy TreeActiv Acne Eliminating Face Cream and TreeActiv Balancing Herbal Toner. The three products fight acne very well together and quickly make your skin smooth and clear from acne.
The Main Pros of the TreeActiv Cystic Acne Spot Treatment
- The product works for most people.
- All-natural powerful ingredients.
- Very gentle.
- Smells nice.
The Main Cons
- It does not work for some people.
- Quite costly considering the small amount in the package.
- You might need to order more than one package.
- You might need to apply it often to get some good results.
It seems that one package of this product is not enough to get rid of acne, so you might consider ordering 2 packages, or just 1 first, to try the product.
10. Revitol Scar Cream
This product isn’t an anti-acne product, but I decided to include it in this article and review it, because so many people suffer from acne scars. For people who want to get rid of acne scars, most of the products reviewed here (except No More Acne eBook) won’t help. They don’t want to get rid of acne only, but also get rid of acne scars.
To be clear Revitol Scar Cream won’t prevent acne outbreaks, but it can reduce the acne scars you already have. It reduces not only acne scars, but also scars from cuts, gashes, bruises and surgery. You don’t need to go for expensive and often painful laser treatments to reduce scars, but you can reduce them naturally at home.
The Revitol Scar Cream is a blend of natural ingredients that rejuvenates the skin and works even on old scars, that people have had for years. There are very few such creams available on the market and this one is the best and all-natural cream.
It’s manufactured by Revitol, the same reliable company that makes Revitol Acnezine, also reviewed in this article.
The Revitol Acne Scar isn’t the cheapest product, but it works and you can save money if you order more than one bottle.
The product is available in 3 packages:
- The Best Selling Package – Buy 3 bottles, get 2 bottles free. It costs $119.85 ($23.97 per bottle) + free shipping.
- Tier 2 Packages – Buy 2 bottles, get 1 bottle free. It costs $119.90 ($39.97 per bottle) + free shipping.
- Tier 1 Package – Buy 1 bottle for $59.95.
11. 3 Step Proactive Acne Treatment System
This Product is actually 3 separate products from Proactiv, the company that has been manufacturing acne treatment products since 1995. The 3 products that are in the 3 Step Proactive Acne Treatment are:
- Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%
- Hyaluronic Acid
This cleanser fights acne, and helps to wash away excess oil, dirt and other impurities.
2. Tone – Revitalizing Toner
- Glycolic acid
It’s an alcohol-free formula developed by dermatologists that leaves skin refreshed and balanced.
3. Repair – Repairing Treatment
- Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%
One of the most often used in anti-acne products, Benzoyl Peroxide, penetrates deep into pores to help stop acne at its source.
How Does the Proactive Acne Treatment Work?
You must use all products twice a day in 3 steps:
1. Massage the cleanser on the damp skin for 1 or 3 minutes, then rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
2. Apply a thin layer of revitalizing toner over entire face using a cotton ball or pad, allowing it to dry. Do not rinse it off.
3. Apply a thin layer of the Repair over entire face, and allow it to dry. Do not rinse off.
As a bonus, the 3 Step Proactive System kit also includes the Proactiv Refining Mask, formulated with acne-fighting sulfur to help purge impurities and minimize the appearance of pores, and Green Tea Moisturizer, lightweight, oil-free, non-greasy moisturizer for acne-prone skin.
The Main Pros of the Proactiv System
- It has worked for many people.
- 4-star rating on Amazon and good reviews from many happy customers.
- Complete treatment; you get everything you need.
The Main Cons of the Proactiv System
- People with the sensitive skin might be hurt.
- Some people complained that the chemicals in the treatment burn their skin.
- Too harsh for many people.
The product contains Benzoyl Peroxide, so people with sensitive skin should rather look at the other products.
12. CLEARstem Acne Scar Removal Serum
This product has not many reviews on Amazon, but it has good ratings. It reduces acne scars and inflammation, but it’s also an anti-aging formula, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, boosting collagen.
It’s also prevents and reverses sun damaged skin, by neutralizing free radicals. Works for sun spots and discoloration. Some people reported that it also helped to shrink pores, clear up acne, and prevent new acne breakouts.
The product is made in the USA in a GMP certified facility and it’s not tested on animals. The product works great for both women and men.
How Does the Acne Scar Removal Serum Work?
The serum works by balancing hormones in the skin and hair follicles. The adaptogens contained in the serum (green tea and mushroom extract), help maintain skin’s stability despite all the stress it encounters.
The Main Ingredients
- Green Tea
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Mushroom Stem Extract
- Lactic Acid
- Curcuma Extract
- Aloe Vera
- Stem Cell
- Kunzea Pomifera Fruit
The Main Pros of the CLEAR Stem Serum
- Many people have gotten rid of scars with this serum.
- Acne breakouts clear faster.
- It’s OK for sensitive skin.
- Hydrates skin well.
- Reduces scar fast; some people see the scar reduction after a week.
- It regenerates skin.
- It also treats spots.
- Made with natural ingredients.
The Main Cons
- Quite pricey (but really worth the price!).
If you’re looking for a serum to get rid of acne scars, reduce wrinkles and make your skin looking brighter and younger, you should go for CLEARstem Acne Scar Removal Serum.
13. Neutralyze Acne Treatment Kit – 3 Step Anti Acne Medication
The Neutralyze Treatment Kit is for people with moderate to severe acne. The kit contains:
- Neutralyze Face Wash – this is the 1st step in the acne treatment. The face wash kills acne causing bacteria and also prevents the future breakouts. The wash also gives the skin gentle exfoliation and makes it feel hydrated, refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Neutralyze Clearing Serum, the 2nd step, heals existing acne blemishes and lesions. It also corrects dark spots and blotchiness and gives a more balanced and even skin tone too.
- Neutralyze Synergyzer, the 3rd, last step in the acne treatment, enhances body’s healing abilities and improves skin’s complexion.
For maximum effect all 3 products contained in the kit should be used together, though they can also be used separately.
Some people see the positive results after 2 – 3 days, but most, after 7 – 10 days of use, but you should give it at least 4 weeks, to see your skin looking clearer, smoother and overall healthier.
It is FDA registered medicine for the treatment of severe acne, clearing cystic acne, blemishes, pimples, whiteheads and blackheads, and to help prevent future acne breakouts too.
Ingredients of Neutralyze
1. Neutralyze Face Wash:
- Cocamidopropyl betaine, Glycerin
- Decyl glucoside
- Glycol distearate
- Mandelic acid
- Camellia sinensis leaf extract
- Cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract
- Cocamide MIPA
- Disodium laureth sulfosuccinate
- Disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate
- Disodium EDTA, Carbomer
2. Neutralyze Clearing Serum:
Active ingredient – Salicylic acid 1.0%.
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Propylene glycol
- Mandelic acid
- Poloxamer P103
- Sodium benzoate
- FD&C Blue #1
3. Neutralyze Synergyzer:
- Sodium nitrite
- Poloxamer P103
- Sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate
The product has many good reviews on Amazon, and it has 4-star ratings at the moment of writing, from over 260 reviews.
The Main Pros of the Neutralyze Acne Treatment Kit
- It has worked for many people.
- Reduces acne fast.
- Improves skin complexion.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
- 100% 60 days money back guarantee.
The Main Cons
- It does not work for everybody.
- Some people reported more acne when using the product.
This product has worked very fast for some people, reducing significantly moderate to severe acne in a just few days, but it hasn’t worked for everybody. The whole package isn’t expensive, so it might be worth a try.
14. Rezamid Acne Treatment Lotion
The Rezamid Acne Treatment Lotion is not just the acne treatment. It’s the acne treatment that comes with the Color Matcher, which is a tube of color that you mix to match your own skin tone.
The product has so far only 119 reviews on Amazon at the moment of writing, but most of them are positive.
How Does Rezamid Acne Treatment Lotion Work?
- Rapidly dries and clears pimples.
- It works gently because it does not contain benzoyl peroxide.
- It contains color adjustable cover up.
- Helps to absorb the oil excess.
Ingredients of Rezamid
- Purified Water
- SD-40 Alcohol 28
- Zinc Oxide
- Titanium dioxide
- Propylene Glycol
- Lauramide DEA
- Iron Oxides
- Sodium Bisulfite
- PEG-8 Laurate
- Sodium Chloride
- Sodium Polynapthalene Sulfonate
- Xanthan Gum
The Color Matcher contains: Iron Oxides, PEG-8, PEG-8 Laurate, Simethicone.
The Main Pros of Rezamid
- It has worked for many people.
- Great for people allergic to benzoyl peroxide.
- Good cover up.
- Does not work for everyone.
- Some people have had allergic reactions to it.
This is the only product among the 15 products reviewed here that comes with the Color Matcher. If you’re looking for a product that will also hide the pimples, this could be for you. Otherwise I think there are better anti-acne products to buy.
15. LightStim for Acne
The last product on this list isn’t a cream, gel or lotion. LightStim is patented MultiWave Technology, which simultaneously emits multiple wavelengths (colors) of lights. The product is designed and manufactured in the USA and approved by FDA for treatment of mild to moderate acne. It’s suitable for treatment and prevention both teenage and adult acne.
How Does It Work?
LightStim emits different wavelengths of light. The blue light destroys acne causing bacteria, and the red light reduces redness. Together the lights clear the skin from existing acne, and also prevent any future acne breakouts. They also provide your skin with healthy nourishment. It’s the completely non-invasive treatment.
LightStim isn’t really new. This NASA developed technology has been used by elite beauty clinics, dermatologists and plastic surgeons since 2002. But now LightStim can be purchased by anyone who can afford it on Amazon.com.
The Main Pros of LightStim
- Non-Invasive treatment.
- Good for all skin types.
- Clinically proven results.
- FDA Cleared to treat mild to moderate acne.
- Recommended by licensed skin care professionals.
- Works very fast.
- Easy to use.
- Very good customer service.
- It lasts for 100,000 hours.
The Main Cons
- Costly (although when you consider that it lasts long and you don’t need to buy other anti-acne products, it really isn’t).c
- It does not ship internationally; only in the USA.
If you have tried all kinds of creams, lotions and supplements for your acne and nothing has worked, then either LightStim or Acne No More Program can help. I personally prefer the Acne No More, but if you’re more into new technology, then LightStim might be your choice.
Nonacne is one of the newest anti-acne supplements. The pills are made only from natural herbal ingredients, which haven’t been used previously in other acne supplements. It’s a very innovative product, and the clinical tests confirmed that it works.
Nonacne works for all kinds of acne, including the acne caused by hormonal imbalance. According to the manufacturer, the supplement not only clears the skin from all kinds of papules, pustules, blackheads, or cysts caused by inflammation, but also prevents the future outbreaks of acne. Many testimonials from happy customers, confirm that Nonacne really works as advertised.
The Nonacne supplement works so well, thanks to the natural, but powerful ingredients. Let’s take a look at them.
- Red Clover – the main cause of spots on the skin is the excessive production of sebum. Thanks to the red clover, the excess production of sebum is reduced.
- Sarsaparilla – this herb, thanks to its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, reduces skin inflammation.
- Grape Seed Extract – it softens and smooths the skin, giving it overall healthier appearance.
- Nettle Leaf – it helps with tissue regeneration.
- Vitamin C – this strong antioxidant helps with the skin’s reconstruction, reduces acne scars, and aids with collagen production.
- Zinc – not enough of zinc is the body is one of the reasons people have acne, so it’s crucial to have it, to have healthy skin.
The Main Pros of Nonacne
- It eliminates the symptoms of acne.
- It prevents the outbreaks of acne.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Completely safe.
- Improves the overall appearance of facial skin.
- Suitable for men and women of all ages.
The Main Cons
- None has been reported so far.
17. Puriderma Acne Spot Treatment
Puriderma is effective for acne spots and cystic acne. Some of the customers reported that it also diminished their acne scars.
The great thing about Puriderma is that it’s made from natural ingredients only. So, although it’s as effective as products with benzoyl peroxide in removing acne spots, it isn’t irritating. The main ingredient is tea tree oil, which is effective at removing acne spots, but it does not irritate the skin.
Puriderma also prevents future acne breakouts.
I have reviewed the best 15 skin care products for acne treatment in 2020. I am sure you will find a product that will cure and prevent your acne.
Everyone can find something suitable for herself or himself among these products. It’s hard to recommend just one, because as I mentioned earlier, different people have different kinds of skin and acne. That’s why I reviewed so many different anti-acne products. I hope you’ll get rid of acne for good with one of them.
I personally recommend the Acne No More because I’m in favor of holistic and lasting solutions.