Stretch marks are a serious skin problem for many women. Although men also have stretch marks, it happens much less to men than women. Stretch marks are usually caused by pregnancy or by a fast weight increase or decrease.
I have written about the stretch marks causes here, so in this article I’ll just review the best stretch mark products in 2020.
Although creams are most popular for stretch marks prevention and elimination, there are also some other products that can decrease stretch marks.
Let’s start with reviewing my favorite stretch mark cream.
If you are pregnant and want to prevent stretch marks, the Dermology Prevention Cream would be probably the best choice. It’s always easier to prevent stretch marks than to get rid of them. It’s actually hard to get rid of stretch marks completely, although with Dermology Cream you can reduce the stretch marks significantly. Some lucky people are even able to get rid of stretch marks completely with Dermology.
So, whether you want to prevent or to reduce stretch marks, the Dermology is one of the best stretch marks creams on the market.
- It’s safe
- It’s effective
- It increases the elasticity and strength of the skin
- It’s an all-natural cream with top quality ingredients
The quality of Dermology comes from high quality ingredients like: Aloe Vera extract, Grapefruit seed extract, Vitamin D3, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Squalene oil.
How Does It Work?
The cream prevents and reduces stretch marks by helping to produce collagen and elastin in higher quantities in the epidermis. Because of this the skin becomes strong, elastic and resistant to stretch marks.
For more information about Dermology Stretch Mark Cream you can read my comprehensive review here.
Revitol Stretch Marks Cream is the main competitor of Dermology, and to be honest, it’s hard to choose which cream to buy. Both creams are equally good and made by two leaders in beauty and skin care products.
Even the ingredients of the two creams are very similar. Here are the main ingredients of the Revitol Stretch Mark Cream: Aloe Vera extract, DL Penthenol, Grapefruit extract, Squalene Oil, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E.
As you can see both of the creams contain Aloe Vera extract, Grapefruit extract, Squalene oil, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin E.
The main difference is that Dermology contains Vitamin A, but Revitol contains DL Penthenol.
Vitamin A is very helpful (the same as Vitamin E and D3) in natural skin healing. DL Penthonol, which is actually pro-vitamin B5, reduces the appearance of different skin imperfections, including stretch marks, and improves the structure of the skin.
Revitol is usually a little cheaper than Dermology, so if the price is important, then you might go with Revitol.
3. Deux Derme – Stretch Mark Prevention Cream, with Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter for Pregnancy
Deux Derme Stretch Mark Cream can be purchased from Amazon.com, where it has many positive reviews and it’s 4-star product.
The product is 100% plant based. It means it’s completely free from any harmful chemicals and it’s perfectly safe for pregnant women.
According to the manufacturer you need to apply the cream on breasts, buttocks, thighs and abdomen, twice daily, for at least 3 months, to be certain that stretch marks won’t appear.
The Main Ingredients of Deux Derme
The manufacturer claims that the cream is based on 18 plants, plus some other ingredients like Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter and Menthol.
Here’s the whole list of the ingredients:
- Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
- Safflower Seed Oil
- Cacao Seed Butter
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- Glyceryl Stearate
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Cetearyl Glucoside
- PEG-100 Stearate
- Saccharide Isomerate
- Sodium Citrate
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
- Marrubium Vulgare Extract
- Sunflower Oil
- Cetyl Alcohol
- PEG-75 Stearate
- Menthone Glycerin Acetal
- Yeast Extract
- Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer
- Pentadesma Butyracea Seed Butter
- Shea Butter Extract
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Cucumber Oil
- Acai Fruit Oil
- Oenocarpus Bataua Fruit Oil
- Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil
- Oryza Sativa Rice Bran Oil
- Passionflower Seed Oil
- Avocado) Oil
- Persea Gratissima Fruit Extract
- Jojoba Seed Oil
- Grape Seed Oil
- Methyl Glucoside Phosphate Proline Lysine Copper Complex
- Vitamin E
- Xanthan Gum
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Potassium Sorbate
- Sodium Benzoate
- Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
- Citric Acid
The Main Pros of Deux Derme Stretch Mark Prevention Cream
- Very safe, including pregnant women
- Suitable for vegans
- Not tested on animals
- 100% money back guarantee
- It works on stretch marks and scars
The Main Cons
- Some people don’t like the plant scent of the cream
4. Embrace Stretch Marks Scar Treatment, Silicone Sheets for Red and Pink Stretch Marks
I am personally not a big fan of the Embrace Stretch Marks Scar Treatment, but I decided to review this product, because it’s not a cream, but silicone sheets. So, it’s very useful for people who don’t want to use any creams for stretch marks.
It’s especially recommended for controlling and reduction of red and pink stretch marks.
The Main Pros of the Embrace Silicone Sheets
- The stretched skin contracts, and the stretching is reduced
- The appearance and discoloration of stretch marks are reduced
- You need to apply the sheets only once every 10 days
- The sheets are water resistant, so you can exercise and shower without any problems
The Main Cons
- Some people have complained of the irritated skin after applying the sheets
5. Strialite At Home Device to Reduce Appearance of Stretch Marks
The product has many positive reviews on Amazon.com, but also some negative ones. Although I am not a big fan of this kind of devices, it seems that some people are happy with this one.
The good thing about the device is that according to the manufacturer it works very fast. 90% of the users reduced the redness of their stretch marks in 4 weeks.
I haven’t used this device personally, so I can’t write much about it. But, the idea of reducing stretch marks quickly at home, without any creams, sounds very promising.
6. Intensive Treatment Stretch Mark Butter
The Main Pros of the Intensive Treatment Stretch Mark Butter
- Clinically proven to work for stretch mark
- It strengthens the skin thanks to the ingredients like peptides.
- It boosts the production of collagen
- Very popular with many celebrities
- Free of parabens
- Does not cause any allergies
- Shea Butter, Jojoba Butter and Omega rich oils make the skin well nourished
The Main Cons
- None yet known
7. Anti Stretch Marks Massage Oil
Anti Stretch Marks massage oil is very popular on Amazon. It has 900 ratings it’s a 4.5 star product with many positive reviews.
- It works
- It’s also a great moisturizer
- Makes skin very smooth
- It smells nice
- Made from natural ingredients only
- Cruelty free
- Paraben and sulfate free
Because it’s an oil, it penetrates the skin deeper than creams. It’s very good for buttocks, thighs, hips and abdomen area. It’s for stretch marks, so don’t use it on the face!
You can find above the best and most interesting products for stretch marks treatment and/or prevention. People have different kinds of skin and different needs. There are hundreds, if not thousands of different products for stretch mark treatment/prevention on the market. I hope this review will help you find the best one for you.