There’s no getting around it, cellulite is icky. It’s also something that nearly all women have to deal with at some point in their lives. But what exactly is it? And why does it happen? Let’s take a deeper look at everything you need to know about cellulite.
Whether you hate it or love it, almost every woman will experience cellulite at some point in her life because of the way her skin reacts to the fat underneath. Read on to find out more about this common but unappealing side effect of having a body.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a condition that causes lumpy, bumpy, and uneven skin on various parts of the body. It’s most often found on the thighs, butt, and stomach, but can appear anywhere. There are two types of cellulite: superficial and deep.
Superficial cellulite is on the surface of your skin, while deep cellulite affects the connective tissue below the skin. While cellulite can appear on anyone, normal-weight or thin women are more likely to develop it because fat is distributed unevenly in their bodies.
Although cellulite is often viewed as a sign of poor health, it’s actually a natural phenomenon that happens to almost every woman. It’s a normal side effect of having a body that stores fat in certain places, like the hips and thighs.
How Does Cellulite Happen?
For cellulite to appear, there has to be damage to connective tissues that support the skin and collagen fibers. The fat cells below the surface of the skin push against the skin, causing the fibrous tissues to break down.
Cellulite is formed when fat deposits push against the skin and break down collagen fibers, causing the skin to become uneven. This is the main difference between cellulite and normal fat deposits. Fat deposits are smooth and uniform, while cellulite is lumpy and uneven.
The main reason behind the formation of cellulite is damage to connective tissues. This damage is caused by several factors including poor blood circulation, lack of exercise, stress, and genetics.
Why is Cellulite So Hard to Get Rid Of?
There are a lot of myths out there about why cellulite is so hard to get rid of. The truth is, cellulite is just a side effect of having a body. While genetic factors play a role in how severe the cellulite is for each person, there are lots of ways to fight it.
The key is to create an environment for your body that is helpful in reducing cellulite, rather than harmful. Some of the main factors behind why cellulite is so hard to get rid of are:
- Genetics: Cellulite is caused by an accumulation of fat that is unevenly distributed in the body. Some people are genetically predisposed to store fat in certain areas in an uneven fashion, which makes cellulite more likely to appear.
- Hormones: Estrogen and progesterone contribute to the formation of cellulite by promoting the storage of fat around the thighs and buttocks. The higher the levels of these hormones, the more cellulite you’re likely to have.
- Bad eating habits: Eating a healthy diet high in fruits and vegetables is key in fighting against cellulite. Eating foods that are high in sugar, like soda, and low in fiber, like chips, will not only make cellulite worse, but also put you at risk for heart disease and diabetes.
- Lifestyle choices: Some lifestyle choices, such as smoking, lack of exercise, and excessive stress, contribute to cellulite by damaging the connective tissues that support the skin and collagen fibers.
Options for Fighting Cellulite
- Exercise – Doing regular strength training exercises that work your larger muscle groups such as squats, lunges and deadlifts, will help distribute fat throughout your body and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Diet – A diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains provide the vitamins and minerals your body needs to support healthy collagen production. Cutting out processed foods and sugary drinks will also help your body fight against cellulite.
- Moisturizers – Applying a moisturizer with retinol or vitamin A can help increase collagen production, strengthen the connective tissues in your skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Cellulite massage – Regularly massaging the areas of your body where cellulite appears can help break down the fat deposits and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Exercise for Cellulite
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of cellulite, a regular exercise routine will get you there faster. Exercises that improve your overall flexibility, balance and coordination are especially helpful in reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Some of the best exercises for fighting against cellulite are yoga, Pilates and movements from the Brazilian martial art Capoeira. Yoga poses that work the legs and help you stretch out after a long day at work includes the bridge and half moon. If you prefer a more intense form of exercise, Brazilian Capoeira movements like the ginga and the roda will get you there.
These exercises are meant for toning your muscles, enhancing flexibility, and reducing cellulite.
Symulast is an awesome exercise for your thighs. It tones and strengthens your thighs and tones your skin. These exercises are really helpful if you have a desk job and you spend long hours in a chair.
You need to do these exercises regularly. It is recommended to do them 3 times a week. You will see results in a few weeks. The easiest way to exercise at home and to get rid of cellulite is doing Joey Atlas Exercises called Symulast.
A healthy diet is the first step in fighting cellulite. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables provides your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs to support healthy collagen production. Some foods that are especially good for reducing the appearance of cellulite are oatmeal, grapefruit, strawberries, yogurt and almonds. Click here to read more about anti-cellulite foods.
Cellinea Cellulite Pills
Though no product is guaranteed to rid you of cellulite, Cellinea is a great option to start with. Its natural formula is made with ingredients that reduce the appearance of cellulite and help support healthy collagen production. With a combination of ingredients like grape seed extract, Horsetail extract, Urtica Dioica extract, Seaweed Dry Extract and green tea, Cellinea is designed to help your body produce more collagen. By increasing collagen production, you can reduce the appearance of cellulite and enjoy smoother, firmer skin. With regular use, you can expect to see results in as little as two weeks.
Cellulite is a normal side effect of having a body. It’s caused by an accumulation of fat that is unevenly distributed in the body. While genetics play a role in how severe cellulite is for each person, there are lots of ways to fight it.
A healthy diet, regular exercise and a daily skin care routine are your first steps in reducing the appearance of cellulite. If you’re looking to get rid of cellulite once and for all, it’s important to stay consistent with your skin care routine, eat a healthy diet and practice regular exercise.